"A Candle Loses Nothing By Lighting Another Candle" - Father James Keller


Friday, April 24, 2009

Talking with Dakota Trace Part 2

This is the second half of my interview with my friend author Dakota Trace. We will look into her head to see what makes her tick, and where those interesting stories come from. Dakota, Right now, what kind of book that you haven't written do you most want to?

Dakota: If you would have asked me six months ago, I would have had to say a BDSM book. Now that I'm working on it, I haven't set my next objective as far as what kind I would like to try my hand at next. Maybe I'll get brave and try to write a historical erotic book next.

Cool, sounds like a challenge. Historical is always interesting. Inquiring minds want to know, coffee or chocolate or both?

Dakota: Definitely both. I gotta have my coffee and if Mr. Trace hides my chocolate there will be blood shed.

Same here, but we have the Java Wars where we see who will break down and brew the next pot. Then there are my English Toffee desires, ho hum. What is your fav book not by you and why is it your fav?

Dakota: Favorite book? Damn there are so many. I would have to say Awaken My Love by Robin Schone. It was the first erotic book I ever read and it introduced the Kuma Sutra and other India sexual texts to my young mind.

Sexy, and I suppose you’re young mind liked? Before I get to carried away how about you cool my jets and tell us about what’s next for you?

Dakota: I'm working on one story at the moment. I'm hoping to have it published later this year. Nisey's Awakening, my first BDSM full length novel. Nisey has been burned once by the BDSM world and is leery of stepping back into even though she's haunted in her dreams by it. When her best friend, Kalinda, suggests Nisey talk to her brother Nisey accepts but is taken by surprise by her own fierce attraction to him. Once he sets a few facts straight does she have the courage to ask him to be her teacher?

Wow, that sounds hot. I’ll be in line for that one. Last question, do you outline or have the book in your head when you write, and if you outline do you stick to the outline or go were your heart tells you to?

Dakota: Honestly I've tried it both ways. Originally I just had an idea in my head. Then I decided to outline one book to see if it would be better. I ended up abandoning it before the third chapter. I just can't seem to stick to an outline.

Bravo, me too. Far too constricting for me, like a damn corset. Dakota it’s been a great week and you are a super writer. A thanks to Kiki for having us and here are the places readers can find us. Dakota can be found at:
http://www.dakotatrace.webs.com/

http://www.excessica.com/index.php/search-by-author/dakota-trace/

http://www.myspace.com/dakotatrace

You can see my books at these sites.

http://www.jennifercampbell.webs.com/

http://www.excessica.com/index.php/search-by-author/jennifer-campbell/

http://www.myspace.com/mansionslave/

Thanks for your interest.

Jen Campbell

No comments:

Post a Comment

In accordance with the new FTC Guidelines for blogging and endorsements, Kiki Howell of An Author's Musings, would like to advise that in addition to purchasing my own books to review, I also receive books, and/or promotional materials, free of charge in return for an honest review, as do any guest reviewers.