"A Candle Loses Nothing By Lighting Another Candle" - Father James Keller


Monday, May 10, 2010

My Interview with Author, Raine Delight


Kiki: What is your favorite genre to read in, and what is it about that genre that attracts you to it? If you like a specific mix of genres, please state that particular combination.

Raine Answers: Lately I have been reading a ton of Urban Fantasy/Paranormal mixes as well as Fantasy. Between Joss Ware, Gail Z. Martin, Jim Butcher and many, many more, my reading lists and bookcases are filling up quickly. J

Kiki: What is your favorite author to read in that genre, and why? Also, please tell me a little about the best book by that author you have read.

Raine Answers: My favorite, huh? Well that is so very hard to do since I have many favorites. I think at the moment it is a toss up between Bertrice Small’s Hetra Series and Kim Harrison’s Hollows. Both I love and can read multiply time and still am affected in the same spots. J

The best book-well Bertrice Small has a series through harlequin’s LUNA line called Hetra and it is about a half-faerie woman who has to figure out her destiny amid the chaos of war, personal issues and more. Very well written and I highly recommend it especially as it also has some wonderful naughty bits in there to keep my blood humming hot!

Kiki: Do you have a Favorite Book of All Time? Of course, please tell us what about that book makes it your favorite.

Raine Answers: Oh man *shakes head*, you really are asking me what kid I prefer aren’t you? *laughs* Right now I don’t have just one book that is my favorite but many books. J

Kiki: What is the best book you read last month, and would you recommend it to a friend?

Raine Answers: Um *thinks* I totally can not remember. I read a TON of books a month and frankly for myself, there are too many wonderful books out there that were really good! Off the top of my head two come to mind- Viki Lyn’s Last Chance (Available at Loose Id Publishing) and Kayelle Allen’s At the Mercy of Her Pleasure (Loose ID Publishing). Both were awesome and really kept me intrigued till the very end.
Kiki: What are your reading habits like? For example, how many books do you read on average in a week, what format do you prefer to read in, what time of day do you read, and what setting is ideal for you to get lost in that book?

Raine Answers: I try to read when I can-either when I am waiting for the kids at dance class, doing laundry at Laundromat or in the evening if I don’t want to watch anything. I can read about a dozen books-Print and e-books- a week if I don’t have other commitments. I like both Print and E-books right now. Both formats give me what I desire and hey, I have over 50 e-books on my e-reader right now. That saves trees plus more room on the bookcase for more print books. LOL

Kiki: If pressed, could you choose a favorite from the books you have written? Why is it your favorite?

Raine Answers: Oh man, now you really are trying to have me tell you who my favorite kid is aren’t you? *sighs* Seriously, I can’t choose just one because whatever I am working on is my favorite at that moment. All depends on what the muse wants me to write at the moment.

Kiki: How do you become inspired to write?

Raine Answers: I listen to music or watch movies with Johnny Depp. It’s amazing what a good POTC movie will do to get my creative juices moving. *giggles*

Well add that to some really yummy eye candy as well *sighs dreamily* then you can say I am inspired. *Grins wickedly*

Kiki: What part of the story do you think is your strength to write?

Raine answers: I think my characters. They are strong with hints of vulnerabilities and just a little bit of me in them. J

Kiki: Please share with ABA readers something I did not think to ask you about.

Raine Answers: Well dang, you asked some really cool questions I never was asked before so I can’t think of anything. J

Raine Delight
“Scorching Hot Romance……Amid the Pages!”



Look for my review coming tomorrow!


5 comments:

  1. Thanks for having me here today, ABA. I loved comng by and those questions were tough.

    Raine D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ALWAYS enjoy your posts, Raine! Hmmm...can you give us a hint on what youre working on now? Fans wanna know!

    hugs, Kari Thomas, www.authorkari.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great interview Raine!
    And yes, I want to discover what you are working on for your next book, too. Giving Raine the *pouting eyes* Please?

    V

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd like to know as well. what's on your plate? I know it's a full one.

    Thank you for the nod for At the Mercy of Her Pleasure. That was so cool. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Raine,
    I agree, choosing a fav author or book at times is like trying to choose a fav child! LOL
    Great cover btw!

    ReplyDelete

In accordance with the new FTC Guidelines for blogging and endorsements, Kiki Howell of An Author's Musings, would like to advise that in addition to purchasing my own books to review, I also receive books, and/or promotional materials, free of charge in return for an honest review, as do any guest reviewers.