"A Candle Loses Nothing By Lighting Another Candle" - Father James Keller


Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Author Interview with Sindee Lynn, Author of "Prince's Donor"

What are your Favorite Genre(s) to read in and why?

1. I love reading vampire romance. I have always been fascinated by vampires ever since reading Anne Rice’s Interview with a Vampire I have been hooked. When they began showing up in my romance novels it was the best of both worlds.

What is your Favorite Author in that Genre and Why? Also, please tell us about the best book by that author you have read.

2. I actually have two favorite authors of vampire romance: Sherrilyn Kenyon and Christine Feehan. They have two of the hottest vampire series I have ever read and the worlds they have created for their books are nothing short of extra-ordinary. I also like them because I know no matter what book I pick up from them is going to be good. From the first word on the page to the time when you close the book I am completely emerged in their world. That’s what I want my readers to experience with my books.

Do you have a favorite Book of All Time?

3. I would be hard pressed to name just one favorite book. I’m pretty much a sucker for anything that has vampires and werewolves and other shifters in it.


What is the best book you read last month, and would you recommend it to a friend?

4. Its sad to say I haven’t actually been able to pick up a book in the last few months that has not been mine and only then in another attempt to revise or fix yet one more thing I find I don’t like. But I’m one of those people who can go to the bookstore and walk around for hours on end so I have plenty to choose from when I get some free time.

If pressed, could you chose a favorite from the books you have written?

5. It might seem odd but my favorite book is actually one that has not been published yet…lol…. I have been in the revising process for the last several weeks in between working on my next book in the Donor Series. It’s called Loving a De’Tagglio Man. It’s an interracial romance about a plus sized African American female who has been fighting her feelings for the past several years for her best friend’s younger brother and she’s done running. Be looking out for it.

Tell us how you become inspired to write.

6. Writing is my true passion in life but I will admit there are times when I go days without sitting down at my computer to type one thing. Those times usually come when I’m really busy with work or my daughter so I have learned not to stress about that because when I get back at it I spend a lot of time writing and often work into the night. So I guess I don’t so much find inspiration to write as it finds me. I miss it when I’ve been away and it’s like greeting an old friend when I sit back down.

Share with us something we would not have thought to ask about.

7. When I got my publishing offer with Passionate Writers I was actually at the point where I was about to reconsider if this was for me. But I had a really good friend who refused to let me give up and she convinced me to send my book in to just one more publishing company and I struck gold. So I want to tell all of the other aspiring writers never give up on what you love doing because it will pay off. Surround yourself with people who will be there to support you in this crazy business. If they didn’t laugh when you told them you wanted to write romance novels for a living they are a keeper… lol.

Sindee Lynn
Author Bio:
My name is Sindee Lynn and I have known I wanted to be a writer since the old age of 13. Growing up my love of reading was nourished by my aunt who used to bring me bags of Harlequin Romance novels when she came to visit- back then they had the almost cartoonlike characters on them. Living in a small town where you had to have a car to get from point A to point B reading was my escape. And man did I become a world class traveler. By the time I turned 14 I had been to Italy, France, several Mediterranean Islands and to almost every state in the US and Canada. Those books are still at my childhood home today on a shelf my uncle had to build for them because he was tired of them being all over the house... lol. Today I work full time and am the single parent of a very active teenager, which means I don’t have much free time for me but the time I do have I spend on my writing. And all those sleepless nights finally paid off when I got my first publishing deal for Prince's Donor.

Prince’s Donor Book Blurb:
Four years ago Jenna James signed up for the donor database with fanciful thoughts of lying in the arms of a vampire. Now four years later, she finds herself wishing she had never heard it. How depressing is it to think not even a vampire will have sex with you to survive? Feeling lower than she has in ages, Jenna is convinced she’s finally ready to remove her name from the list. That is until she opens her door to find her fantasy standing on the other side.
Syrian Roskonovich is next in line to be the king of vampires. But nothing in his years of training could have prepared him for the betrayal of his blood brother and his donor. It’s been months since he’s properly fed, living only on the synthetic blood his people create when he finds himself in a strange city holding on to his sanity by a thread. His only hope is in the database he helped bring to life but has failed him in the past.  

Places to purchase Prince's Donor
AMAZON  

No comments:

Post a Comment

In accordance with the new FTC Guidelines for blogging and endorsements, Kiki Howell of An Author's Musings, would like to advise that in addition to purchasing my own books to review, I also receive books, and/or promotional materials, free of charge in return for an honest review, as do any guest reviewers.