"A Candle Loses Nothing By Lighting Another Candle" - Father James Keller


Saturday, June 25, 2011

My Review of "The Cabin" by Nathanial Bosch

I won this book in a contest, Yeah Me!, and just couldn’t wait to read it. This story is one of the first releases from the wonderfully sexy new publisher, Naughty Nights Press set to release July 1st.  This week I actually read both of their first releases - my Danver's Asylum review is coming next week. And, I have to say that after reading these stories, I just can't wait to read more of their releases. Seriously, not sure if this will come out right, but a lot of good stories go unpublished because they are a little outside of the established 'lines' because the author took a risk. I like reading stories where I don't know where they will go plot wise, that aren't cookie cutter, where the authors voice can show...okay, you get the point right? On with the review!   

"The Cabin" Blurb:
In this hard-core BDSM novelette, Victor and his slave experience the thrill of finally being alone to do as they wish.

The happy couple is tired of having to put their Dom/slave relationship on hold to go about their daily lives.

For one glorious weekend, that is all about to change. 
Victor makes the necessary arrangements to take his slave to the family's quaint, isolated mountain cabin to train her to submit properly.  Helena could not be more thrilled!

    Genre: Erotic BDSM
    Heat Level: 5+
    Pages: 31
    Release Date: July 01, 2011
    ISBN:978-0-9876894-0-5

My Review:

A unique storyline, with little backstory or talk of the future, this BDSM tale give you a bold and daring moment in time in a dom/sub relationship. Each are venturing into new territory. I like when both minds are given in these type of stories, the complex nature of wanting to totally be a slave, getting excited by the fact that she can barely take the pain and yet being turned on by that same thing, being a completely willing participant in your own moments of pain and fear. On the other end, the story showed a dom, taking risks, trying new implements of punishment, while each moment insuring his sub's safety. I think this story was a very real, very detailed portrayal of what a BDSM weekend could be like, freed by being so far from civilization.

Many times I could literally feel his excitement and her fear in those build up moments, when he was preparing her for the new and unknown. This story was so rich in details, that my one tiny complaint in my head as I was reading it was that when they came together, those intimate moments when he had to be inside her, I wanted a little more... a symptom of not wanting the moment to be over, I'm sure. I was drawn into the story and wanted more, which I feel is a compliment.

Got a cabin out in this the middle of nowhere? This could story could also serve as a guidebook *giggles* Okay, so you don’t need the cabin, just the book and maybe a little imagination ;)  With plenty of shock factor, including the opening where the BDSM device seems a character in and of itself, I think this is a worthwhile book for any BDSM enthusiast.

1 comment:

  1. Nice review Kiki! So glad you liked The Cabin.
    You can bet NNP will be hot on the heels of Nathanial Bosch for his next wickedly exciting release!

    Yours,
    Gina

    ReplyDelete

In accordance with the new FTC Guidelines for blogging and endorsements, Kiki Howell of An Author's Musings, would like to advise that in addition to purchasing my own books to review, I also receive books, and/or promotional materials, free of charge in return for an honest review, as do any guest reviewers.