"A Candle Loses Nothing By Lighting Another Candle" - Father James Keller


Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Interview of Belinda McBride, by Belle Oakley

1. What made you decide to write my story?
I don’t know if you remember Belle, but you were practically sitting in my lap everytime I sat down at the computer! I wrote it because you insisted!

2. Who told you about the different types of weres?
Uhh…Belle…look at the answer above! LOL! Actually, I did an awful lot of research on the history and evolution of the AmWere and your cousins the EurLu.

3. Tell me about your writing quirks. Do you secretly munch on jelly beans while writing love scenes?
Actually, I buy a big bag of M&Ms and reward myself when I finish a love scene. Other writing quirks? I need absolute silence. I prepare emotionally by listening to music that fits my mood. Your song was the title theme to the anime Cowboy Bee Bop, performed by Tank. Go to You Tube and check it out! But be sure to turn it up really loud and fasten your seat belts!

4. What is your favorite movie? And why?
You know, I have so many favorites for various reasons. I adore the entire Lord of the Rings trilogy, and it doesn’t hurt that Viggo Mortensen was in it. There’s a little known film called Belizaire the Cajun starring Armand Assante. It had incredible atmosphere and an engaging story. I also love the old school Hong Kong martial arts films by the Venoms team. Those men were incredible performers and I’ve met a few of them.

5. What is your favorite genre to write in?
I stick to speculative fiction, reality doesn’t seem to click with me. I love writing bisexual ménage, m/m, as well as m/f romance.

6. Do you think that mankind really has a future among the stars, or are we doomed to spend forever dreaming about them?
How do you know we aren’t already in the stars? Yes, I do believe we have a future in space. It may be a long time from now, but I’m an optimist.

7. There’s an awful lot of furry creatures in this book. Tell me about your own pets. Did any of them inspire characters in Belle Star?
I have seven Siberian Huskies and a Chihuahua. And yes, if you read the dedication to Belle Starr, you were modeled off of my old alpha bitch Echo, and Armand was drawn from your mate, Logan.

8. Do you plan to do any sequels to Belle Star? Can you give me any spoilers?
Yes, almost every character in Belle Starr has a story, it remains to be seen if I can tell them all! Cali Polis has a story coming, and there will be some surprise characters showing up in that. Thorn has a story, but he isn’t sharing yet. But he’s that way, very quiet. For now, he’s happy right where he is, in Belle and Armand’s bed, helping raise their children. Armand’s daughter Rain will make a guest appearance in a spin-off series set in the same universe.

9. I’m just curious here now. I just love having Armand’s second participate in our mating, so what inspired you to create such a unique mating ritual and make the participation of the second male crucial to its success?
Well, late one night, Echo and Logan got loose from their kennels and met to play in the big dog yard. While they were both too old to make puppies, they loved doing the wild thing, and…well…they did it. So I had to sit outside in the rain and the mud making sure they didn’t hurt each other. As I watched, the other dogs occasionally took little pot shots at them while they were tied, and one male, Hu Fei continually stood guard over them. He’d occasionally mount Logan, (that was a dominance/respect thing) and then go back to chasing off the other dogs. That’s where the idea for the Tri-mating came from. I sat there in the mud and just laughed as the ideas began to form in my mind.

10. Where can we go to find out more about you?

Visit my website at www.belindamcbride.com
That's where you can find links to my blog, social networks and my books.

Excerpt from Belle Starr:

TITLE: BELLE STARR
AUTHOR: Belinda McBride
AUTHOR URL: www.belindamcbride.com
RATING: NC17
WARNINGS: MENEGE SEX

*****


Marshal Annabelle “Cowgirl” Oakley is the best law enforcement officer in Interstellar Coalition Enforcement. With her wolf Tucker at her side, Belle is clearly the best man for the job. Unfortunately, the job comes with hazards, and one of those hazards comes in the shape of tall, mysterious Armand.

Armand de le Croix is a werewolf with amnesia. He has no idea how he came to be living in Coalition space, he doesn’t know where his people are, or why his inky black hair is now snowy white. He just knows that the tall, dangerous redhead is all that he wants, and he means to have her.

When they meet, it’s magic. When they part, its mayhem.



EXCERPT:

Belle was the first freed from the extended tie; she flopped gracelessly off her mate, making a feeble attempt to escape to the bathroom. Armand grabbed her wrist and held her fast. Long minutes later, Thorn slipped free of Armand’s body, both men cursed and moaned as they separated, Thorn splayed out prone on top of his Alpha.
“God, I’m sorry, Armand. I swear, I didn’t see that happening…” He rolled to the side, his long hair spread over his face. “I can’t move. My hair is in my face, and I swear, I can’t move.” Belle giggled again, tugging weakly at Armand’s hand. He released her suddenly, and she slipped off the bed with a thud.
“I’m okay.”
Her muffled voice floated up from somewhere on the floor. He thought maybe she’d landed face down.
Armand rolled his eyes.
“What exactly did she do to you?”
Thorn dragged a heavy hand over his face, clearing a bit of hair from his eyes.
“Just as I was about to come, she uh…”
“She put a finger up your ass.”
“Mmmmhmmm. Sorry, Mon Ami.”
He lay there quietly for a moment. “By God, Armand, I hope you two decide to have lots of children. Dozens would be good.”
“Fuck you, Thorn.”
“Oh, please….”
All three broke into giddy laughter.
“Belle, this was supposed to be a solemn, meaningful moment.”
Armand saw her hand reach up to the bedside table, fishing around till she found the tissue box. The tri-mating was a messy business.
“Well, its still a profound moment. It’s….” Her head come up, followed by her weary body. “It was the sacred covenant between the Alpha and his second-in-command.”
Armand’s big hand came down over her head, pushing her back to the floor, and she started giggling again. “God, Armand, I wish I could have seen your face when he knotted you!”
Thorn pushed himself wearily to his elbow. “I did, it wasn’t pretty. His eyes rolled up into his head.”
“That good, huh?”
Armand grimaced. “I thought I had a bowling ball up my ass.”
She was crawling back onto the bed, this time into welcoming arms.
“You loved it. Admit it, Armand.”
“I don’t think I’ve ever come so fucking hard in my life.” His grin was reluctant.
Thorn scooted up to the pillows, laying back, arms behind his head.
“Obviously, I’d have wished my first tie to be with a woman, but god. Maybe I should take those chocolates back, Belle. Maybe I need to look more seriously for a mate.”
“Well, you need to find someone like me then.”
“God forbid.” She smacked Armand’s ribs at that.
“Someone who’ll do that for fun. Lordie, what a waste to only do that for breeding!” She stretched languorously. “It’s worth not being able to move afterwards.”
She glanced over at Armand; his eyelids were half-mast and dropping. Thorn had an arm resting over his face, he was a goner.
She sighed, groaned a bit as she rose and headed for the shower. Inside, she let the hot water pelt the sweat and the semen from her body; she soaped well and repeated, letting the heat melt her aches away.
She returned quietly to the bed, gently washed both men with warm cloths, smiling as they moaned; their normally active cocks were flaccid and quiet. She tossed the cloths into a sanitizer, grimaced slightly at the soiled sheets and pulled them off the bed, pushing and pulling around the heavily sleeping men. Belle found a clean duvet and tossed it over their bodies, and then climbed into the big bed, opting to sleep in the middle. If there were any blanket wars, she figured she’d be on the winning side if she stayed in the middle.
She tucked her head into Armand’s side, smiling as his arm automatically pulled her closer. The smile stayed long after she fell asleep.

2 comments:

  1. After reading that interview, every time I hear Belinda's name I'm going to picure her sitting in the mud, watching her dogs! LOL.

    Great interview, Belle. Hope to see you in futre books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry...I'll be back....

    Belle

    ReplyDelete

In accordance with the new FTC Guidelines for blogging and endorsements, Kiki Howell of An Author's Musings, would like to advise that in addition to purchasing my own books to review, I also receive books, and/or promotional materials, free of charge in return for an honest review, as do any guest reviewers.