"A Candle Loses Nothing By Lighting Another Candle" - Father James Keller


Friday, February 12, 2010

April Dawn – An Interview By Ava Delany


Do you have any deep dark secrets to share?

Let’s see? I used to carry size DDD and larger bras out of the store with me when I was two. My mother always said I was trying to prepare for my future. lol

What gets you hot to write?
I am inspired by my own curiosity and the stories I read. When I’m reading, I tend to ask myself what if this happened instead, or what if this happened to this type of character. Bound By Love is a bit of an homage to the old second hand books I used to read as a girl. The question was, what would happen if the pirate/privateer that the woman fell for were arrested? And what if she were to be arrested too?
When I got a little older and started reading more current romance novels that I could check out at the local library, I discovered that romance novels had changed. They’d become tamer. From this time period, the crush story was an instant favorite for me, but I always wondered what would happen if the woman already had suitors, richer and more powerful suitors. (The other question which inspired this story I can’t tell because it would give too much away.) Anyhow, Crushing Desire came from this inspiration.
When drawing room romances became more popular, I found myself missing the adventure of early romance, but I loved the humor and wit that replaced it. In my opinion, all these ingredients make the recipe for a great romance novel. Because of this, I endeavor to pepper each of my novels with a little humor, a little wit, and some adventurous fun. I hope I will be able to do that for every novel I create, and hopefully all my readers will enjoy my recipe for great romance as much as I do.

What part of writing to you enjoy most?
I love it when I’m in that fevered state when writing begins. When the characters are in such a hurry to tell their story that your fingers almost can’t keep up. I love that. Some of my best writing comes from that time.

Were you fit to scream when you got published?
When I got my first email accepting me for publication, I sat there with my mouth open pointing at the screen saying “Oh my gosh!” over and over. Finally, after about a minute, my husband figured out what I was freaking out about. :-D Then I proceeded to call everyone who knew I was submitting and give them all the details.

What fabulous tales do you have available to readers?
I have two late 18th century historical romance novels coming out soon. Bound By Love (Jan 29, 2009) http://www.breathlesspress.com/erotic/bound-by-love.html and Crushing Desire (Feb 12, 2009) http://www.breathlesspress.com/erotic/crushing-desire.html You can read more about these novels at http://aprildawnbooks.com

Where can fans find your playground?
Breathless Press http://breathlesspress.com is publishing my current novels.

What hot little tidbits do you have in the works?
I have a number of works in progress. The closest to publication is The Piratess, which I hope to have ready for submission in a months or two.






No comments:

Post a Comment

In accordance with the new FTC Guidelines for blogging and endorsements, Kiki Howell of An Author's Musings, would like to advise that in addition to purchasing my own books to review, I also receive books, and/or promotional materials, free of charge in return for an honest review, as do any guest reviewers.