"A Candle Loses Nothing By Lighting Another Candle" - Father James Keller


Wednesday, October 12, 2011

ABA AUTHOR INTERVIEW WITH M.L. LACY


Kiki: What is your favorite genre to read in, and what is it about that genre that attracts you to it? If you like a specific mix of genres, please state that particular combination. 
M.L.Lacy: I love mysteries, I try to get into the writer’s head and see if I can figure out where they are heading, plus I like to try a solve it. I hate when I read a story and the author solves the mystery clearly out of the blue with something that wasn’t brought up in the book.  
I’ve always been fascinated with the paranormal. I think it would be so cool to be a witch…a good witch of course, but to be able to do magic, and disappear and fly, it’s easy for me to get into that frame of mind and write.
I don’t like blood and guts though. 

Kiki: Do you have a Favorite Book of All Time? Of course, please tell us what about that book makes it your favorite.
M.L.Lacy: Harry Potter Series is my favorite, but the book that won my heart was the first book. I was just like everyone else, anxiously waiting for the next book to come out and when the series ended…I mourned. But, the first book opened his eyes to magic and the wonders of that realm. What I wouldn’t give to attend to Hogwarts. 

Kiki: What is the best book you read last month, and would you recommend it to a friend?
M.L.Lacy: I’m embarrassed to say, I haven’t had time to read in a long while. Working fulltime, leaves me little time to write, and right now that’s where my mind is.  

Kiki: What are your reading habits like? For example, how many books do you read on average in a week, what format do you prefer to read in, what time of day do you read, and what setting is ideal for you to get lost in that book?
M.L.Lacy: Before my writing career, I would read at night, in bed and I could get lost in any book.  

Kiki: If pressed, could you chose a favorite from the books you have written? Why is it your favorite?
M.L.Lacy: That’s easy Chrysalis – The Awakening because it was the first one.
 
Kiki: How do you become inspired to write?
M.L.Lacy: I’m a daydreamer and when my mind travels, the ideas pop. I’ve so many stories that are waiting in my head to get on paper…and soooo little time. 

Kiki: What part of the story do you think is your strength to write? 
M.L.Lacy: Don’t laugh, but writing for the evil-doers in the story. I can let all my inhibitions go and have fun. ESPECIALLY, if I’ve had a bad day at work…watch out! 

Kiki: Could you share a bit about your book and characters?
M.L.Lacy: Why I thought you’d never ask! Chrysalis – The Awakening, is the first book in my series.

This is the back cover blurb:  
All families have secrets. At 32, Bree Campbell discovers her entire life has been a secret. A human born into a family of magicals, she begins questioning everything and everyone around her. The prophecy told at her birth speaks of a Chosen One; the last and greatest of a long line of Chosen Ones charged with saving both the human and magical worlds. Bree must face this reality and life with her new family; a clan of vampires protecting her. The sorceress, Esmeralda, will stop at nothing until this Chosen One is dead. None could then oppose her and she would be free to rid the world of all mortals. Will Bree awaken the hidden powers and find inner strength needed to save the world? 

Characters: Okay, there’s Bree, she is the heroin of the story. Then there is the clan of vampires that has protected her—unbeknownst to her: Steven, her intended. Bradley, the Alpha of the clan, Rick, and finally, Bill, who is her cousin…but not her cousin. The women that are in the clan: Madalyn – Bradley’s wife, Sandy – Rick’s wife, and Gina – Bill’s wife. Bree’s grandmother, Gran, as Bree calls her, makes several important appearances in the story. Then there are the evil-doers: Esmeralda, Bree’s arch nemeses and her henchman, Thomas…and of course the Dark Creatures…or DC as Bree calls them.

There are multitudes of twists and turns and when you think you are heading in the right directions…it turns again.   

The story takes place over seven days, with one side trip to Yellowstone, in Las Vegas. Bree knows nothing of the magical realm, or who or what she is to become. She joins her grandmother on the trip on the guise of going to a reunion, but the real reason is to make her aware…and reunite her with Steven…why you ask…you need to read the book to find out.
 
Author Information:
M.L.Lacy
Stay true to your story—stay turn to yourself. 

Book Information for Chrysalis – The Awakening:
All families have secrets. At 32, Bree Campbell discovers her entire life has been a secret. A human born into a family of magicals, she begins questioning everything and everyone around her. The prophecy told at her birth speaks of a Chosen One; the last and greatest of a long line of Chosen Ones charged with saving both the human and magical worlds. Bree must face this reality and life with her new family; a clan of vampires protecting her. The sorceress, Esmeralda, will stop at nothing until this Chosen One is dead. None could then oppose her and she would be free to rid the world of all mortals. Will Bree awaken the hidden powers and find inner strength needed to save the world? 

Where to buy: Amazon, Barnes and Noble on-line.  

From Nay’s reading Corner: Tuesday, September 13, 2011
Are there lots of plot twists and surprises? I honestly think I was more shocked at what kept happening than Bree. I almost squealed in delight with each new revelation.  
One of my favourite parts was...it has to be the final showdown, which reminded me a little of the showdown in Violet Wings by Victoria Hanley. 
This book belongs with the others which have the wow! factor. It definitely gets 10/10 even though some of the adult situations are a bit odd, they fitted the story.

Author Links:

No comments:

Post a Comment

In accordance with the new FTC Guidelines for blogging and endorsements, Kiki Howell of An Author's Musings, would like to advise that in addition to purchasing my own books to review, I also receive books, and/or promotional materials, free of charge in return for an honest review, as do any guest reviewers.