"A Candle Loses Nothing By Lighting Another Candle" - Father James Keller


Tuesday, May 24, 2011

My Review of “Leather and Pleasure” by Jennifer Labelle and Author Interview

My Review (Author and Book Information is below following the Interview):

Kink, menage, domination...its all there in this hot little story of a birthday gift gone M/F/M at a club designed for just that! 

I enjoyed this erotic romp because of it's tone, a bit different in a good way from the usual dom/sub stories in that the female dom was more than willing to happily give these men exactly what they wanted without ever compromising, at least I felt, the loving relationship she had with her husband. The word giving comes to mind, and I enjoyed her personality, her goals, her drive. The drive behind everything remained light, not dark or possessive like it can sometimes get. I like both, but found this story a refreshing change of pace. 

If you are looking for a short, erotic read, a one-nighter if you will, LOL, then this book would be a great choice!

Interview:

Kiki: What is your favorite genre to read in, and what is it about that genre that attracts you to it? If you like a specific mix of genres, please state that particular combination.

Jennifer:
I’ve always been drawn to the romance genre. Contemporary, historical, erotic, paranormal, suspense… Heck, I like them all. I like the escape as I read, and the happily ever after that seems to follow in these books.

Kiki: What is your favorite author to read in that genre, and why? Also, please tell me a little about the best book by that author you have read.

Jennifer: Lauren Dane, Kathy Love, Keri Arthur, Deanna Raybourne, Cheyenne McCray…
There are so many I couldn’t possibly narrow it down to one, and it would take all day to name them all.

Lauren Dane – Coming Undone, Brody and his sexy tattoo’s
Kathy Love – Anyway You Want It, Ren and Maggie chemistry is hot!
Keri Arthur – The entire Riley Jenson series – The whole thing was amazing.
Deanna Raybourne – Silent on the Moor, Nicholas and Julia finally make something happen.
Cheyenne McCray – Zack, Luke, Kade & Clay, the woman knows how to create some hot men! (Although I preferred her Ellora’s Cave version of these stories better.)

Kiki: Do you have a Favorite Book of All Time? Of course, please tell us what about that book makes it your favorite.

Jennifer: Jewels, by Danielle Steel

I picked up this book for the first time when I was fourteen, and fell in love with the connection that Sarah and William shared in the book. That was 16 years ago and I’ve read this heartfelt tale many times since, and it still makes me cry every time I do. That’s how well written it is.

Kiki: What is the best book you read last month, and would you recommend it to a friend?

Jennifer: Lumber and Lace, by Lietha Wards

And, I would definitely recommend this read. It’s a contemporary romance that hooked me right from the beginning. Comical in the beginning, and very satisfying by the end, it’s a read that keeps you guessing.

Kiki: What are your reading habits like? For example, how many books do you read on average in a week, what format do you prefer to read in, what time of day do you read, and what setting is ideal for you to get lost in that book?

Jennifer: Truthfully, I’ve been doing more writing lately than I have reading, but on average I probably read about two books a week. Most of my reading and writing happens when my kids are in bed.

Kiki: If pressed, could you chose a favorite from the books you have written? Why is it your favorite?

Jennifer: What a tough question, can I choose them all…LOL

Um, to narrow it down I’d have to say my November release, Second Chance Love. Liam is my dream man, literally. His character derived from a conversation with my sister one afternoon as we discussed the unfortunate tragedy of our mother’s death. Her only fault was her taste in men, and it made me really think about who my perfect guy was. He’s for her, for me, and for all women in general. I hope you all love Liam as much as I do, although my heroine Teegan is pretty great too!


Kiki: How do you become inspired to write?

Jennifer: Certainly, positive feedback inspires me to want to keep going. I’ve been blessed with a lot of that so far, but ultimately I just love to do it!

Kiki: What part of the story do you think is your strength to write?

Jennifer: The middle and end are easier for me to write than the beginning. It’s the starting hook that I find the hardest. I tend to second guess myself and constantly want to change what I have, until I get to the point where I just have to say forget it, and keep it to prevent myself from stressing.


Author and Story Information
Jennifer Labelle

Leather and Pleasure Blurb:

Rowan Avery Walker is planning to surprise her husband after ten years of marriage. On their anniversary she decides to enact one of his most desired fantasies, and there's no traditional night out on the town for this couple. She's no stranger to role play, and when it comes to bedroom pleasures she likes to walk on the wild side. 

Ryder has never loved his wife more, and has a feeling that it'll be a night to remember. Starting off with unique gifts that peak his curiosity, his suspicions are confirmed when they pull up to their favorite members only club. Where desire lives, fantasies are enacted, and the words leather and pleasure take on a whole new meaning. Rowan makes it an anniversary he’ll never forget.

Review Snippet:

“Jennifer Labelle's newest release Leather and Pleasure is a short erotic read but extremely powerful in dialogue, writing style and connection. This quick read is a definite must have for any erotic reader. The way Labelle introduces Nolan to the couple and makes the menage believable is priceless.”

Buy Links:

Romance Divine:
Amazon:
Rainbow Books:
BookStrand:
ARe:
Barnes & Noble:
Kobo:
Borders:
Trapezium:


No comments:

Post a Comment

In accordance with the new FTC Guidelines for blogging and endorsements, Kiki Howell of An Author's Musings, would like to advise that in addition to purchasing my own books to review, I also receive books, and/or promotional materials, free of charge in return for an honest review, as do any guest reviewers.