"A Candle Loses Nothing By Lighting Another Candle" - Father James Keller


Wednesday, January 19, 2011

My review of 'Midnight Unseen' by D. McEntire

This is the fifth book in the Watchers series by D. McEntire that I have had the privilege of reading. And, I do mean privilege. She has done it again, another one that I couldn’t put down. In fact I only stopped when I did the first night because my ereader died. And, rather than writing myself the next morning after getting my boys on the bus, I finished reading Midnight Unseen!

I love how this series works first off. When the drama ends in one book, in the next story a new hero and heroine emerges, a completely new set of complications and situations, etc. However, the hero and heroine from the previous books are still there. They become the support group for the new hero and heroine. It is wonderful how you read a simple passage about one couple kissing and remember how they got together in a previous book. You become so attached to them.  And, Mrs. McEntire is amazing at creating this drama that keeps you reading, and reading quickly.

The book warning was right about the tugs at your heart by the children. McEntire does a great job of tugging at your heart strings in all of her books. This book it was the children, but in another it was animals and another a tribe, etc. Of course, in this book in particular, the ‘other element’ as I am going to call it was blindness of the heroine. And, the author did a fantastic, and I feel believable job of portraying her. Sonya is blind and a powerful force to be reckoned with at the same time. I loved her resilience and her strength. In fact, I found her to be an inspiration, and Tank so deserving of her.

Which leads me to the vampires. These are great vampires too, tough but a great camaraderie within the cell they live in. Each time one vamp finds his heart and his mate, the others are there for him. She does a great job of walking that line between keeping with vampire legend and mixing it up so it doesn’t get old.

I feel like this review is not doing this book justice. I am trying not to repeat myself too much, so if you want all the low down on this great series please take the time to read my previous reviews. That way you will get a more complete idea of how wonderful this series is. Or, just buy book one and start reading.



You can find links to purchase all of the books released in this series at either http://www.dmcentire.com/Watchers1.html or http://samhainpublishing.com/authors/d-mcentire

No comments:

Post a Comment

In accordance with the new FTC Guidelines for blogging and endorsements, Kiki Howell of An Author's Musings, would like to advise that in addition to purchasing my own books to review, I also receive books, and/or promotional materials, free of charge in return for an honest review, as do any guest reviewers.