"A Candle Loses Nothing By Lighting Another Candle" - Father James Keller


Friday, September 30, 2011

Claw Marks Week on ABA: Sam Crescent Interviews Sara York

Hello and welcome Sara York. She has so graciously agreed to be interviewed.

So lets begin...

Sam: First, tell us a little about yourself so the readers know who you are?
Sara: I’m Sara York and I write erotic romance. I feel like I’m in the middle of a self-help meeting when I introduce myself like that. Then again some people believe that reading erotic romance is a disease or addiction. I love the sensual nature of erotic romance. That feeling of hope and love that is transmitted from the author when the hope of a new relationship is on the verge of erupting. First kisses are my favorite.

Sam: What made you decide to write? Was it something you accidentally began? Or what you wanted to do? Or annoying character who refused to leave until their story was told? 
Sara: Writing is almost like a sickness for me. Okay, so I guess I am sick, but I need to write. The stories have been coming for a long time, I just didn’t know to write them down. Jake from Working It Out would wake me up in the middle of the night. I love Jake. My Claw Mark’s story, Carnal Awakenings kept coming back to me too. I wrote most of it in San Francisco sitting on a park bench off of Beach Street looking out into the water.

Sam: I love hearing about first acceptances as an aspiring writer and now that I am e-published, I still love hearing about them. So tell us about that first acceptance. 
Sara: I was so excited when Princess Slave was accepted. I remember receiving the email and jumping up and down so excited. I ran to tell my husband.

Sam: Tell us about your current release? Where can readers buy it from?
Sara: Carnal Awakenings in the Claw Marks Anthology comes out on October 3rd from Rebel Ink Press. When I first wrote this it was a typical M/F cougar story but it wasn’t right. Then when Rebel Ink put out the call for a cougar anthology I pulled out Carnal Awakenings and knew immediately what this story needed and Mike was born. Mike and Nick are lovers but they want a third. They choose Anna to join their little trio and initiate her into the pleasures of Carnal love.

Sam: What are you currently writing?
Sara: I’m working on a sequel to Matt and Tom Take a Lover, it’s Matt and Tom Meet James. It will be a bit longer than Lover but still filled with passion and love and a little lust. I’m also working on Selling It, a M/M crime romance. Blaine is a cop in DC, working to catch a serial killer preying on teen prostitutes. He meets Andy, a stage actor and falls in love. When Blaine makes friends with one of the teen prostitutes, Nate, he thinks he is helping. But his actions bring about a dangerous triangle that no one guessed would ever happen.

Sam: What inspires you most when you write?
Sara: The beach. We don’t live there yet, but I go as often as I can. I just spent a week in the Bahamas and I had a hard time coming home. I didn’t take work with me but wish I had. I love the sand, the sun, the water and all the smells of the ocean. Just thinking about the beach and looking at pictures of the beach inspires me to write.

Sam: What experiences have you had working with your publisher/s?
Sara: I’ve had all types of experiences, from good to bad. I’m happy with my current publishers, Rebel Ink Press and Total-E-Bound. Both have wonderful editors and excellent management structures.

Sam: What are you reading now?
Sara: I’m reading Hot Head for the second time and Lee Brazil’s Giving Up. Both are excellent books. Next I’m going to be reading The Sixth Man by David Baldacci.

Sam: What are your guilty pleasures?
Sara: Coffee is my guilty pleasure. I love coffee. I’ve got the syrups at home so I can mix a delicious brew or take it black. I just love coffee.

Sam: What would be your advice, if any, for other aspiring authors?
Sara: Keep writing and don’t give up. Too many people give up once they realize how hard it is. If you really want to be successful, writing is very hard work. When the editing and re-editing gets difficult you just have to dig in and do it.

Sam: This is for you to talk more about yourself, leave your blogging details, site details and generally promote yourself.
Sara: I hope you all enjoy my books and you can find more information about Sara York books at my website http://sarayork.com
I would love to talk to you and enjoy chatting with my fans. I’m on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/sara.york1 I also blog on occasion so come by and check me out at http://sarayork.blogspot.com

Author Sara York Bio
Sara York lives in the southern United States with her family and dogs. Sara loves romance that takes you to distant worlds where you could be a princess or a warrior. She enjoys reading about far away places, but writing erotic romance is her passion. Sara York writes erotic scifi romance that takes place on sex planets where pleasure is the mainstay. With pleasure planets and deserted planets anything can happen. It is erotic fiction! Writing M/M, gay romances is new to Sara York, but the passion and freedom of expression in the gay world is refreshing. Sara also writes menage a trois and cougar stories. Take the passion of two and ramping it up to the passion of three. Sara’s favorite vacation would be to spend the day at the beach while reading or writing a good book. I love beach reads! You can find Sara York Ebooks at Amazon or other ebook retailers.

Claw Marks Anthology Coming Oct 3rd from Rebel Ink:

Have you ever considered engaging in an exciting relationship with a stunning hunk of a man who’s much younger? Does your heart beat rapidly as you savor his carved body from across the crowded room? Every cougar can tell you the answer. Entering into new relationships isn’t easy and for some, sharing joy means letting go of a difficult past. Join a talented group of writers from Rebel Ink Press who bring you stories of love and passion transcending age and sometimes tragedy.

Checkmate by SammyJo Hunt – For anchor Clint Watson, keeping a low profile about his sexuality is a must but on one beautiful afternoon over a game of chess, he finds pleasure in the arms of a younger man. Player Conference by Liz Crowe – Jess can’t get past the loss of her husband until her daughter’s soccer coach gives her every reason to try again. The Diver’s Club by Genevre Pierceau – Jilted by her cheating boyfriend, Jill finds solace over drinks with her girlfriends who convince her to turn the tables and engage in a moment of passion with a sexy contractor. Spicy White Chocolate by Cassandre Dayne – During a regular meeting of an erotic book club, the girls enter into a wicked pact to seduce a younger man and the first to do so wins a hefty prize, only Shawna Dupres didn’t count on falling in love. Insatiable Kate by Dawne Prochilo – Kate Winston was angry at being thwarted by the man of her dreams and she was ready to give him a piece of her mind. What she didn’t know was Rome made a promise years before and yet one he was ready to break for the possibility of romance.

Believe by K.T. Bishop – Gabi continues to suffer from the loss of her husband until she finds passion in the arms of a young athlete bent on making a better life for himself. But can his dream succeed against his family’s wishes? Tempting Research by
Sam Crescent – For Melissa Crane, research for her erotic books is everything. Stumped by a scene and facing a tough deadline, she enlists the help of one very sexy masseuse. Carnal Awakenings by Sara York – Anna is not only concerned about her aging looks but her children’s thoughts about her considering another relationship until a secluded vacation and a hot younger man and his male lover convince her an alternate lifestyle might work. Unwrap Me by Cassandre Dayne – Cristal refuses to get over the acts of her cheating ex husband until her best friend provides a special treat under the mistletoe. Fresh Meat by Marcos London – Robin Dahl moved to a small town in Texas to get away from her manipulating ex and pushes all thoughts of romance aside until a sexy deliveryman changes her mind.

Giveaway
Comment on any post this week, Monday Seot 26th through Sat Oct. 1st, to be entered to win an ebook copy of Claw Marks. Please leave your email in the comment so we can contact you if you win!


No comments:

Post a Comment

In accordance with the new FTC Guidelines for blogging and endorsements, Kiki Howell of An Author's Musings, would like to advise that in addition to purchasing my own books to review, I also receive books, and/or promotional materials, free of charge in return for an honest review, as do any guest reviewers.