"A Candle Loses Nothing By Lighting Another Candle" - Father James Keller


Monday, August 22, 2011

Guest Post: Authors Who Have Inspired Me by Stacey Thompson-Geer


First, I wanted to thank Authors by Authors for having me today. I feel honored to share my work and my time with you guys. :)

I was asked to talk about authors that have inspired me. That is a long list and only getting longer as I find more authors who I love to read. I'll start with some of the authors I remember from when I was younger.

I think the biggest inspiration for me and my writing comes from Stephen King. I started in horror and still venture back into it from time to time. I love the way he captures you in a story and keeps you guessing. He really knows how to create a character you love to hate or really want to see get through what he puts them into. I have my old tattered copy of Firestarter sitting on my shelf. It's my favorite book from him.

I also have books from Kelley Armstrong. She was one of the first paranormal authors I read. I love her characters and how she constructs a story. The first book I read from her was Dime Store Magic. I read it in less than three days and moved on to Industrial Magic and the rest in her Otherworld Series. I'm reading her latest, Spell Bound right now.

Another author I enjoy is Vicki Petterson. She has a tough style that I find fun to read. I also love her personality. She is nice to those she runs across and is a fun person to talk to. If you can run into her at a convention, do it. She's a really great person.

These are only a few of the writers I enjoy or have inspired me. There are so many out there and so many to find each day. The total list is just too long to write out. :P


Silver Moon By Stacey Thompson-Geer

After 130 years, you’d think I would know better than to go looking for trouble, but I just can’t seem to help myself. The council wants me to catch a werewolf. I just want to paint my nails. Rose is a bitchy sarcastic vampire that ends up hunting a werewolf in, of all places, Las Vegas. She finds very quickly that things are not going to go as planned.

Links: 

Wicked Nights: 


About Stacey Thompson-Geer

Stacey is a wife and mother of three. She started writing in High School with horror short stories. One of her first is now published through the kindle - Silver Bullet. When she's not dreaming up her next story or novel, she can be found hanging out with her kids or reading one of her favorite authors. She is also an avid Facebooker and Twitter user. Stop by her website to see what she's working on and any of her backlist work. 

www.staceythompsongeer.com

www.staceythompsongeer.co.cc

Twitter @staceytg

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=1529648509

No comments:

Post a Comment

In accordance with the new FTC Guidelines for blogging and endorsements, Kiki Howell of An Author's Musings, would like to advise that in addition to purchasing my own books to review, I also receive books, and/or promotional materials, free of charge in return for an honest review, as do any guest reviewers.