"A Candle Loses Nothing By Lighting Another Candle" - Father James Keller


Tuesday, November 9, 2010

My Review of "Dream Bigger: Reclaiming a Life of Joy and Ease" by Julie Wise

Dream Bigger: Reclaiming a Life of Joy and Ease by Julie Wise

I must admit, I have been sitting here looking at a blank screen at a loss for words on this review. I feel as if whatever words I use will not do this book justice. It was FANTASTIC, PRACTICAL… I think a lot of that came from the way the book was made up.

The book was written in three sections: Dream, Dream Big and Dream Bigger.  Then within each section, a reader is offered Exercises, Dreamwork, Action Plan, and Dreammakers (real life stories). Each of these gets the reader actively involved with invaluable steps which would help, I believe, anyone, at any place in their life to Dream Bigger. Whether an individual is sick, feeling hopeless in any situation, or even successful but wanting more, this book would be profitable for them to read.

The author is very open in her writing, always giving personal examples in each section, which pulls you in, makes you identify. But then, as I began the exercises and evaluations things in my own life just starting becoming clearer, and the practical advice helped me to better my life, to believe I could do what I had dreamed up. Again, I keep wanting to use the word “practical,” but that is just what this inspiring, self-help book is! Check it out!


No comments:

Post a Comment

In accordance with the new FTC Guidelines for blogging and endorsements, Kiki Howell of An Author's Musings, would like to advise that in addition to purchasing my own books to review, I also receive books, and/or promotional materials, free of charge in return for an honest review, as do any guest reviewers.