"A Candle Loses Nothing By Lighting Another Candle" - Father James Keller


Tuesday, July 20, 2010

My Interview With Mile Dolan

Today I have on Mike Dolan.  I had the pleasure of reading Mike's book a few weeks ago.  Being a person who reads a lot in the self-help genre, I must say that Mike is right on track with his insights and advice in this book.  He at first shares with the reader the stark realities of his life in a voice that feels like you are right there having a conversation with a friend.  He then goes onto list the ways in which he feels anyone can overcome their own life's challenges to obtain the life they desire.  His reasons are sound and in keeping with many of the great self-help teachers of today.  And, I think anyone who reads this book will profit from the exercises he includes as well.  Read on as I interview Mike, and find all the information about this book, A Pecunious Life, below.
Kiki: What is your favorite genre to read in, and what is it about that genre that attracts you to it? If you like a specific mix of genres, please state that particular combination.

The self-help genre is my favorite, because it allows me to tap into something more than myself and through that instigate change in those around me.

Kiki: What is the best book you read last month, and would you recommend it to a friend?

I've always been an avid reader, but I've always preferred reading to learn something as opposed to just reading for entertainment. In this pursuit I started to read about Leonardo DaVinci, Nikola Tesla, Steven Hawking, and others. I was reading Napoleon Hill, Norman Vincent Peale, Wayne Dryer, Deepak Copra.  Right now I am reading: David Hawkins Power Vs. Force.
 
Kiki: What are your reading habits like? For example, how many books do you read on average in a week, what format do you prefer to read in, what time of day do you read, and what setting is ideal for you to get lost in that book?

I do not have the time to read as much as I would like.  I travel a great deal for my work, and when I travel  I like to write.

Kiki: If pressed, could you chose a favorite from the books you have written? Why is it your favorite?

I have only written one book, A Pecunious  Life.  It is my favorite because it covers my life and the lessons I have learned on this journey.  Hopefully,  others will benefit from the lessons I learned.

Kiki: How do you become inspired to write?

For me writing early in the morning in a sun drenched window is the best place to be. The house is quiet and most of the time my mind is still empty of “other “distracting thoughts which allows me to let the writing flow. I get my pot of coffee going, gather my pad of paper and half dozen different colored pens and I just start with what comes to mind and go from there.

Kiki: What part of the story do you think is your strength to write?

My book is inspirational and teaches people how to have a wealthy life.  I think my strength is in the organization of the steps it takes to have a spiritually rich life. 

Kiki: Please share with ABA readers something I did not think to ask you about.

My website, http://www.mike-dolan.com has a blog.  I update my blog a couple of times a week and share any news at that time.  Also I have put my Virtual Book Tour Schedule on the site with links to the host sites so people can follow me on the tour.  I twitter almost every day so people can follow me on Twitter and on Facebook.

A Pecunious Life - How to Have a Life Abounding in True Wealth

Genre: Self-Help
Publisher: Infinity Publishing
ISBN:0741458195

Mike was born in the mile-high city of Denver, Colorado 43 years ago. He has lived all around this beautiful world of ours, from Europe to Alaska, to his current home in the Middle East. His education is that of the experiences life gives and school is far from being out for him. He is a lover of life, a life adventurist. He loves to travel, meet new people, and experience new cultures. He has been given a great opportunity to see life in a different light and wishes to share this with you.
Click Here To Purchase A Pecunious Life

"When I read the introduction to Michael's book, I was all I could do to keep from sobbing.  No one should have to endure the kind of tragedy that followed Mike throughout his young life.  Instead of coming out of this history flawed and broken, he turned the tables on his misery and formulated a philosophy on using his experiences to live to the fullest. What he has learned, he is willing to share with us in hopes of showing us how a positive outlook can make us wealthy in the way we live. Read it and have your eyes opened."

Janis Friesler 
English Teacher

“The book A Pecunious Life written by Author Mike Dolan has great advice for improving ones life, not only does the author write details of how to become more wealthy, but he incorporates his own experiences which are woven into lessons of life quality. Learning from the past, learning from mistakes, learning from beliefs or mis-beliefs, life-altering events, and exercises where the author asks you to sit in a quiet place and reflect on the lessons given.

The book is not really about becoming wealthy in the money sense, but wealthy in the spiritual and happiness sense. Could we be happy with less? Happiness is a state of mind-

I found this educational and easy to read and recommend it to adults in need of self-help, spiritual guides, and for people who need more about of life than they have right now.”

Reviewed by Ami Blackwelder 



No comments:

Post a Comment

In accordance with the new FTC Guidelines for blogging and endorsements, Kiki Howell of An Author's Musings, would like to advise that in addition to purchasing my own books to review, I also receive books, and/or promotional materials, free of charge in return for an honest review, as do any guest reviewers.