"A Candle Loses Nothing By Lighting Another Candle" - Father James Keller


Thursday, July 1, 2010

MY INTERVIEW WITH CISSY HUNT



Kiki: What is your favorite genre to read in, and what is it about that genre that attracts you to it? If you like a specific mix of genres, please state that particular combination.
Cissy: My favorite genre to read in would have to be fiction and mostly Christian fiction. What attracts me to this specific genre is the fact that it is a fiction story, in other words it isn’t another living person’s story like nonfiction is, so for a moment I can claim it as my on. While I’m reading the book that is my story, that is me going through the adventure. Where with nonfiction you’re reading about another person’s adventure or story.


Kiki: What is your favorite author to read in that genre, and why? Also, please tell me a little about the best book by that author you have read.
Cissy: Oh, this is a hard one for me because I like so many different authors and their works. I really don’t have just one favorite author. I like Beverly Lewis because she writes about the Amish lifestyle. I like Lori Wick because she is one of the most versatile writers I have read. In one book you can be reading about the life of the pioneers, the next could be set in Victorian times, then the next one you read could be set in contemporary time. 


Kiki: Do you have a Favorite Book of All Time? Of course, please tell us what about that book makes it your favorite.
Cissy: Oh, yes, I have a Favorite Book of All Time. It is Gone With the Wind. I read it for the first time when I was in the 6th grade and have probably read it twenty times since then. I just love that book. What I love about it is the overcoming spirit of Scarlett and how she changed, grew up through out the book. This is the story of a “girl” who was use to being waited on hand and foot then because of war she was suddenly put in charge of taking care of everybody.


Kiki: What is the best book you read last month, and would you recommend it to a friend?
Cissy: To be honest with you I haven’t read anything since it is Summer. In the Summer my husband and I spend our time doing our favorite recreation which is night fishing. But the last book I read was the 3rd book in the series called A Place Called Home by Lori Wick. It is titled The Long Road Home. I would highly recommend the whole series to a friend.


Kiki: What are your reading habits like? For example, how many books do you read on average in a week, what format do you prefer to read in, what time of day do you read, and what setting is ideal for you to get lost in that book?
Cissy: My reading habits vary according to what season it is. If it is Summer I don’t get as much reading done because I’m usually with my husband out on the lake fishing. When it is to cool to be on the lake then that is when I snuggle down with my books. I prefer to hold a real book in my hands. I know the “hot new thing” is ebooks but I still like turning the pages of a real book. I like reading at night out on my deck or if winter curled up by the fireplace when all is quite and I can get totally lost in the book. I average reading 5-7 books a week.. It is according to how many pages the book has and how many interruptions.


Kiki: If pressed, could you chose a favorite from the books you have written? Why is it your favorite?
Cissy: I have written many poems but only one book. It is A rose Blooms Among the Thorns. It is a fiction story about a woman’s journey from domestic abuse through healing to forgiveness. The reason I like this book is because of the subject matter it covers, domestic violence. Domestic violence is the willful intimidation, physical assault, battery, sexual assault, and/or other abusive behavior perpetrated by an intimate partner against another. It is an epidemic affecting individuals in every community, regardless of age, economic status, race, religion, nationality or educational background. Violence against women is often accompanied by emotionally abusive and controlling behavior, and thus is part of a systematic pattern of dominance and control. Domestic violence results in physical injury, psychological trauma, and sometimes death. The consequences of domestic violence can cross generations and truly last a lifetime.  


Kiki: How do you become inspired to write?
Cissy: Sometimes I wake up late at night or will be setting out on my deck and words will start whirling and twirling in my head. This is why I keep a pen and paper close by at all times. My faith inspires me, nature inspires me, words inspire me, wrongs or injustice inspire me.


Kiki: What part of the story do you think is your strength to write?
Cissy: The part of the story that I think is my strength to write is the beginning and the ending. I know were I want the story to start and were I want it to end but getting it from point A to point B doesn’t always go the way I want it to. The story will take a different road entirely than what I had planned for it, so I have to work with the trip the story is taking me on..


Kiki: Please share with ABA readers something I did not think to ask you about.
Cissy: I have been an ordained minister since August of 2007. I am called to minister to hurting women who carry the emotional scars of domestic abuse.
For as long as I can remember I have always loved to write. When I couldn't express myself verbally, one only had to hand me a pen and paper and out would flow my words on to the paper.
I have written poetry most of my life and now my life-long dream has come true. I have written a book.




Cissy Hunt
http://cissyh.webs.com  
http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-Rose-Blooms-Among-the-Thorns/101777343191000  
http://www.publishamerica.net/product87441.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

In accordance with the new FTC Guidelines for blogging and endorsements, Kiki Howell of An Author's Musings, would like to advise that in addition to purchasing my own books to review, I also receive books, and/or promotional materials, free of charge in return for an honest review, as do any guest reviewers.