"A Candle Loses Nothing By Lighting Another Candle" - Father James Keller


Friday, June 25, 2010

Interview with L. E. Harvey

                                             
Kiki: What is your favorite genre to read in, and what is it about that genre
that attracts you to it? If you like a specific mix of genres, please state that
particular combination. 

LEH: I love a good suspense or romance.  I love action, and I love books that can just sweep me away right from the get-go.  I’m also a hopeless romantic, though.  So, a good romance novel is always fine by me.  J

Kiki: What is your favorite author to read in that genre, and why? Also, please
tell me a little about the best book by that author you have read.

LEH: My mentor, Chelle Cordero, has written several fantastic romance novels and one great creep mystery book called Final Sin.  She doesn’t pay me to say this.  I highly recommend her books!  J

Kiki: Do you have a Favorite Book of All Time? Of course, please tell us what
about that book makes it your favorite.

LEH: Albeit simplistic, the short story, The Gift of the Magi by O. Henry has been one of my all-time favorites stories since I read it back in school.  The love and devotion they have for each other, the sacrifices they are willing to make for each other, and then the bitter irony at the end.  It is a very deep and sensitive story.  I simply adore it.

Kiki: What is the best book you read last month, and would you recommend it to a friend?

LEH: That’s a toughie.  I’ll go with The Cabin, by Smoky Trudeau.  It’s so different than my typical read, and it was great.  It was so unique and touching.  I’d definitely recommend it.  Its originality and sentiment are phenomenal.

Kiki: What are your reading habits like? For example, how many books do you read on average in a week, what format do you prefer to read in, what time of day do you read, and what setting is ideal for you to get lost in that book?

LEH: Wow.  Ummmm…that depends on the day!  LOL.  It’s really tough.  I have a small heard of special needs animals, a four year old, I help my partner with her business.  I read what can when I can and how I can!  LOL.

Kiki: If pressed, could you chose a favorite from the books you have written?
Why is it your favorite? 

LEH: Another toughie.  I’m going to have to go with Imperfect and Impeccable (two, but they’re together).  It’s a story that is so near and dear to my heart.  It’s extremely emotional and vulnerable.  The story, though broken up between the two books, is so important to me (and I really just view it as one story even though it’s sequelled).

Kiki: How do you become inspired to write?

LEH: My publisher is really good at that!  LOL.  She likes to push me, and in a good way.  My background is non-fiction, and yet she accepted Loving Her, my first work of fiction in over 15 years.  Then she challenged me to write a full-length novel and also a suspense novel.  Thus, Unbreakable Hostage and Imperfect were born.  Amazingly enough for a non-fiction gal, the stories come to me quite easily.  It’s just a matter of me getting that nudge to stretch myself that much more.  To test new waters.
 
Kiki: What part of the story do you think is your strength to write?

LEH: The beginning and the end.  Every time I write, I can clearly see the beginning and the ending.  It’s just very fluid for me for some reason.  So, I write the beginning and the ending to each story and work my way in towards the middle.  A rather unique way of writing, I know, but it seems to work.  J

Kiki: Please share with ABA readers something I did not think to ask you about.

LEH: Well, a little known fact about me is that I am a world-class car dancer.  You know you’ve seen us.  We’re those people just happily bee-bopping to music in the car next to you.  I am one of them.  I also make facial expressions while I car dance and I sing and dance for the cars around me.  It’s a little known talent that I have, so it’s easy to understand why I don’t get asked about it.  J

L. E. Harvey
L. E. Harvey is a pinup and "alt" (alternative) model, and author based in Philadelphia and Las Vegas.  A fun, vivacious, studious, and very creative person, L. E. Harvey brings life to all of her various forms of work.


No comments:

Post a Comment

In accordance with the new FTC Guidelines for blogging and endorsements, Kiki Howell of An Author's Musings, would like to advise that in addition to purchasing my own books to review, I also receive books, and/or promotional materials, free of charge in return for an honest review, as do any guest reviewers.