"A Candle Loses Nothing By Lighting Another Candle" - Father James Keller


Monday, September 14, 2009


All week long, I will be hosting eXcessica authors. They will be sharing their thoughts on the stories in the Four Seasons: Autumn 2009 anthology, editor Selena Kitt.



BLURB:
The autumn weather might be cooling things off, but you won’t need that sweater – we promise our erotica will warm you up! This time of year involves metamorphosis, from the changing of the fall colors to the places between, where the world wears thin and the strange and unusual happens. Join your favorite eXcessica authors in this sexy, sometimes spooky, seasonal anthology, bringing you the best of all things autumn! (Includes stories by Marshall Ian Key, Vivian Vincent, J.M. Snyder, Amicus, Varian Krylov, Giselle Renarde, Kenn Dahll, Sandra Fowke, Molly Wens, and Reno MacLeod and Jaye Valentine.)




TODAYS REVIEW...


Red Velvet Suite by Molly Wens 
Reviewed by Jenna Alexander



I sat down to read Molly Wen’s contribution to the Autumn 2009 eXcessica anthology right before bed. My plan was to read about half the story and finish it up the next day. Problem was I couldn’t stop reading.

The Red Velvet Suite is a creepy yet sexy story about a group of people off to do a little weekend ghost hunting. The parapsychology department of a local university is on a quest to find out what really happened at the Lovejoy Mansion.

This is a great story with an interesting and unique storyline. I found it to be a wonderful mixture of mystery, humor and sex.

Wens does a fantastic job of bringing the reader into the story by adding substance to key areas. The first of which is setting. I was right there with Ted and Allinson as they travelled through the wooded estate on their way to the front door. The description of the mansion was perfectly spooky. I felt as if I were wandering the halls with the group and wanted to brush the cobwebs off my shoulder while reading.

The second and most outstanding bit of substance Molly gave The Red Velvet Suite was the depth of character she brought to Ted and Allinson. Even though Allinson’s love interest is Bruce, Ted is a hysterical and wonderful addition to this story.

As a new author myself I am trying to learn the ins and outs of bringing my characters to life. They need to be fun, interesting and broadcast these traits to the reader. Molly Wens is very skilled in this area. I couldn’t wait to read what Ted would say or do next. Allinson’s reaction to him was so natural and believable. I plan to reread this story and take notes on how Wens accomplished this.

Of course there is also sex in this story. Hot, steamy, great sex. Bruce and Allinson deserve a sequel and I hope Wens considers writing one.

If you are looking for a spooky story paired with laugh out loud moments I recommend you buy the Autumn 2009 eXcessica anthology and flip to The Red Velvet Suite. You’ll be happy you did.

Jenna Alexander

Molly Wens
http://www.mollywens.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

In accordance with the new FTC Guidelines for blogging and endorsements, Kiki Howell of An Author's Musings, would like to advise that in addition to purchasing my own books to review, I also receive books, and/or promotional materials, free of charge in return for an honest review, as do any guest reviewers.