"A Candle Loses Nothing By Lighting Another Candle" - Father James Keller


Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Chill Out With A Good Book – Restricted Release by Sommer Marsden



BLURB:
Clara is the recovering anorexic who’s nearly become a shut-in after the end of her emotionally abusive marriage. Matt is the new boy next door. Graphic artist, nice guy, funny…accepting of Clara. She wants him, he wants her—but Clara is afraid.
Nadia is the stand-in—Matt’s idea, Clara’s challenge to accept. A longtime friend of Matt’s, she’s a sexual surrogate intended to guide Clara until she’s not afraid of Matt’s desire for her or hers for him. Twosomes become threesomes, watching becomes touching and lust becomes love.
When Matt moved in next door, lust was the last thing Clara expected. Two lovers never crossed her mind. And the need to make a choice was something she thought she’d never encounter. But she’s bolder now, healing, and everything has changed. And a choice must be made, no matter how hard.
Inside scoop: Clara’s healing includes a hot woman who wants to show her how desirable she is, as well as f/m/f menagés.
Excerpt:
“Whatcha doing?” She unwound a long pink scarf from her trim neck and tossed it on my easy chair. The TV was murmuring softly just to give me noise. I hadn’t even been in here. I’d been in the kitchen working.

I shrugged, watching her. She touched her boot toe to a seam in the hardwood floor, drew a pattern, swept her strong leg back and forth like a ballet dancer, waiting for me to answer her.

“I was making soup.” I cleared my throat. “Then I was going to eat the soup…” I laughed. Mostly at myself. “And watch some TV. Probably fall asleep in front of some show about baking or ghosts or travel.”

“The powers of cable TV.” She grinned, white teeth flashing, making me think of a wolf. It sent a quiver through my belly, made my toes tingle.

“Exactly. Did you want some…” I pointed impotently. “Some soup?”

There was a weird vibe coming off her. When she stepped toward me, my blood quickened.

“A little birdie told me you were out burning some bad memories today.”

I waited, licking my lips nervously. She came toward me again and my pussy took up a rapid-fire pulse, blood rushing wildly through my lower half.

“Yeah. I was. I needed to…” I shrugged. “Clear out some bullshit juju.”

She laughed softly, trailed a finger down the shallow V of my sweatshirt. Her fingers dipped between my breasts and I felt my face grow hotter. “Good for you.”

“I guess.”

When she leaned in to kiss me, the smell of her perfume, something spicy but floral too, filled my nose. It made me feel high and dizzy. “What’s that soup set on, chickie?”

“Simmer.”

“Are you feeling braver now that you burned some bad shit?”

“Yes and no.” The breath in my lungs seemed so solidify as she took a step closer and pressed the length of her lush body to mine. We stood there frozen, eye-to-eye and belly-to-belly. The blazing heat of her seeped into my bones and I felt a rush of cold before feeling almost overheated.


Author Bio:
Sommer Marsden has been called "...one of the top storytellers in the erotica genre" (Violet Blue), "Unapologetic" (Alison Tyler) and "...the whirling dervish of erotica" (Craig J. Sorensen).

Her erotic novels include Restricted Release, Restless Spirit, Learning to Drown, and Boys Next Door. Sommer currently writes erotica and erotic romance for Ellora's Cave, Xcite Books, HarperCollins Mischief, Excessica, Pretty Things Press and Resplendence Publishing. The wine-swigging, dachshund-owning, wannabe-runner lives in a little house in a little town near Baltimore, Maryland. Her fiction runs the gamut from bondage to zombies to humor.

Sommer's short works can be found in well over a hundred (and counting) erotic anthologies. Her short stories have also been included numerous adult and romance magazines--both in print and online.

Visit Sommer at Unapologetic Fiction by visiting http://sommermarsden.blogspot.com or find her on social media.

WHAT YOU CAN WIN!!!
We are going simple, I mean it is summertime, so just comment to enter on any of the Chill Out with a Good Book posts on this blog from June 1st through August 31st, 2014. If you share any post, come back and comment "Shared" for an extra entry. Also, comment on as many posts as you want for multiple chances to win. We will have 4 winners, or maybe more, in all! Prizes are subject to grow as I keep getting more and more generous donations from the authors participating.  Here’s what we have so far…

Prize #1 $75 Amazon Gift Card

Prize # 2 Paranormal Print Book Bundle:
Immortalis by Katie Salidas (Autographed)
Hidden Salem by Kiki Howell (Autographed)

Prize #3 All I Want Is… Everything Print Book Bundle by Kim Upstone (3 Books)

Prize #4 Erotic / Romance Ebook Bundle:
Baumgartner Shorts by Selena Kitt
The Girl Next Door by Abby Hayes
Rituals by Kiki Howell


No comments:

Post a Comment

In accordance with the new FTC Guidelines for blogging and endorsements, Kiki Howell of An Author's Musings, would like to advise that in addition to purchasing my own books to review, I also receive books, and/or promotional materials, free of charge in return for an honest review, as do any guest reviewers.