"A Candle Loses Nothing By Lighting Another Candle" - Father James Keller


Sunday, August 3, 2014

Chill Out With A Good Book – Restless Spirit by Sommer Marsden



BLURB
Tuesday Cane walks out on her life and her abusive man when she inherits her grandmother’s house at Allister Lake. There she finds plenty of distractions to take her mind off her loss with her sexy neighbour and handyman Shepherd, former TV star Reed and her old flame Adrian. But , as time passes, she senses that something is not quite right with her new life. And no amount of steamy sexual encounters can hide her anxiety. Surrounded by so many interesting men and erotic enticements, Tuesday has no intention of committing to one man ever again. But the more she insists she’s nobody’s girl, the more she wants to be somebody’s girl. Will she continue to be a restless spirit and run from love or will she be won over?
Buy Links:
Excerpt:
‘Sorry about Nan.’
‘Yeah, me too,’ I said around the lump in my throat.
‘Be right back.’ Then he was gone like a hero in a horror movie. His big fine self, his kind smile and his lantern. And me standing in the dark.
‘Hurry,’ I whispered.
I heard him moving around below the wide planked floors like the world’s largest rodent. I shivered.Way to freak yourself out, Tues … My mind had conjured images of rats and mice, water bugs and spiders. All the creepy crawlies that came with shut up cabins and lakeshore living.
‘OK!’ I heard Adrian call but nothing had happened.
‘OK what! There are no lights!’
‘Flip the switch again,’ he yelled and I heard a deep chuckle that slithered to the pit of my belly making me feel horny.
‘Great,’ I growled. I flipped the switch and my grandmother’s sconce lights lit up her living room. Correction – my sconce lights.
‘Work?’ he said from the doorway.
‘As you can see.’
‘Good deal.’ He walked into the kitchen and I followed, leaving my bag by the entertainment centre in the living room.
The thing about A-frames is they have very few vertical walls. The walls tilt and it can be unsettling at first. But the main room was big and wide and open, with ceilings that arched way over my head. I passed the small nook on the left that my grandmother had used for an office and then I was in the kitchen, a fairly open space split into an eating section and a cooking section by an island.
I sat in the wicker rocking chair while Adrian checked the pilot light and the stovetop. He made sure I had candles and matches and turned the water back on in the sink.
‘If you need anything, you let me know. I’m still out in the barn. I guess I’ll be moving out soon, though.’ he said and smiled.
‘Do you have somewhere to go?’ I asked softly. The economy had been shit. I imagined it was the case even in a small place like Allister Lake.
‘Not at the moment.’
‘Then stay as long as you want,’ I said. ‘It’s not like I need the barn.’
He took my hand and said softly – in a tone reserved for lovers, or at least former lovers –’Stand up, Tuesday. Let me see you in the light.’
I stood and he studied me. My cheeks grew hot, my pussy wet, my belly buzzed with nerves. Nothing quite compared to the feel of a man’s intent gaze on you. Especially one as good looking as Adrian Weston.
‘You look damn good, kid.’ Then he kissed my forehead and turned to go. ‘There’s some wine in the pantry. Some hard stuff too. Tons of canned and packaged food. You know your Nan, always stocked for an–’
‘Event,’ I finished. ‘Weather or social,’ I laughed.

Author Bio:
Sommer Marsden has been called "...one of the top storytellers in the erotica genre" (Violet Blue), "Unapologetic" (Alison Tyler) and "...the whirling dervish of erotica" (Craig J. Sorensen).

Her erotic novels include Restricted Release, Restless Spirit, Learning to Drown, and Boys Next Door. Sommer currently writes erotica and erotic romance for Ellora's Cave, Xcite Books, HarperCollins Mischief, Excessica, Pretty Things Press and Resplendence Publishing. The wine-swigging, dachshund-owning, wannabe-runner lives in a little house in a little town near Baltimore, Maryland. Her fiction runs the gamut from bondage to zombies to humor.

Sommer's short works can be found in well over a hundred (and counting) erotic anthologies. Her short stories have also been included numerous adult and romance magazines--both in print and online.

Visit Sommer at Unapologetic Fiction by visiting http://sommermarsden.blogspot.com or find her on social media.

WHAT YOU CAN WIN!!!
We are going simple, I mean it is summertime, so just comment to enter on any of the Chill Out with a Good Book posts on this blog from June 1st through August 31st, 2014. If you share any post, come back and comment "Shared" for an extra entry. Also, comment on as many posts as you want for multiple chances to win. We will have 4 winners, or maybe more, in all! Prizes are subject to grow as I keep getting more and more generous donations from the authors participating.  Here’s what we have so far…

Prize #1 $75 Amazon Gift Card

Prize # 2 Paranormal Print Book Bundle:
Immortalis by Katie Salidas (Autographed)
Hidden Salem by Kiki Howell (Autographed)

Prize #3 All I Want Is… Everything Print Book Bundle by Kim Upstone (3 Books)

Prize #4 Erotic / Romance Ebook Bundle:
Baumgartner Shorts by Selena Kitt
The Girl Next Door by Abby Hayes
Rituals by Kiki Howell


No comments:

Post a Comment

In accordance with the new FTC Guidelines for blogging and endorsements, Kiki Howell of An Author's Musings, would like to advise that in addition to purchasing my own books to review, I also receive books, and/or promotional materials, free of charge in return for an honest review, as do any guest reviewers.