"A Candle Loses Nothing By Lighting Another Candle" - Father James Keller


Sunday, April 19, 2015

Grab Bag Short Stories & Sommer Marsden


I don’t know about you, but I spend way too much time on social media. However, I’ve made some great friends there, and sometimes, just sometimes, posts and comments can lead to some wonderful things. This is one instance of that.

I was lurking around Facebook one day, and Sommer Marsden had posted she was wanting to write but needed inspiration, a story idea, given the tough place she was at in her life. It made me think back to my teaching days and doing a lesson called Grab Bag Short Stories when teaching parts of a story. I would label three brown paper lunch bags: Main Character, Setting, and Include This. Then, I would cut up magazines, filling the bags with images of people, places and things. The students would have to blindly reach into the bags, chose one image from each, and glue them to the cover of a three prong folder that they would turn in their short story in.

So, given Sommer is an adult, probably had glue and scissors, but was looking to type, and plus we live really far away from each other, I jumped on my Pinterest boards. For that Main Character image, I went to my “Sexy” board. For the setting, I went to my “Places to Go” board. And, for that object, I went to my “Beautiful” board. I Facebook messaged her my grab bag short story idea and the three images below. I told her I just couldn’t resist, but something there did inspire her, and thus, her novella, Haunted, has just released.


I’m so excited for this release, to read what she’s come up with from those three pictures. So, in a celebratory style, and a giving mood, I would like to offer a little contest/giveaway to win an ebook copy of Sommer Marsden’s Big Bad (gifted from Amazon or Barnes & Noble). But first, here is some information on Haunted. Then, look for the Ways to Earn Entries to win an ebook copy of Big Bad.


Haunted Blurb:
Two people lost and alone in life searching for answers…

Maddox, visiting abandoned sites to take photographs and figure out his future. He haunts the places that are monuments to the way he feels inside. Stark, empty, raw. And Olyvia, searching for answers to her own painful loss by hunting ghosts. Trying to comfort herself in her search for proof of an afterlife.

One haunted amusement park with a dark history.

Maddox and Olyvia recognize a kindred soul in one another. The only problem is, time is short because there’s a ghost stalking Screamland hell-bent on revenge.
  
Haunted Buy Links:

Ways to Earn Entries:
1.       Single Entry: Share this post. Then simply email me at howell.kiki@gmail.com with Haunted in the Subject line, letting me know where you shared it.

2.       Extra Entry: Email me at howell.kiki@gmail.com with Grab Bag in the Subject Line and attach three pictures for a story to the email – one for Main Character, one for Setting, and one for Include This.

Come May 1st, I will randomly pick a winner and contact them about gifting the ebook, and I will gather some of the images to share on my blog.

About Sommer Mardsen
Professional dirty word writer, gluten free baker, sock addict, fat wiener dog walker, expert procrastinator. That sums it up. 

Sommer Marsden has been called “…one of the top storytellers in the erotica genre” (Violet Blue), “Unapologetic” (Alison Tyler), “…the whirling dervish of erotica” (Craig J. Sorensen),and "Erotica royalty..." (Lucy Felthouse). Her erotic novels include Restricted Release, Restless Spirit, Boys Next Door, and the Zombie Exterminator series. Sommer currently writes for HarperCollins Mischief, Excessica, Xcite Books, Pretty Things Press, and Resplendence Publishing.

You can find Sommer's short works in well over one hundred and twenty-five (and counting) erotic anthologies.Visit her at Unapologetic Fiction http://sommermarsden.blogspot.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

In accordance with the new FTC Guidelines for blogging and endorsements, Kiki Howell of An Author's Musings, would like to advise that in addition to purchasing my own books to review, I also receive books, and/or promotional materials, free of charge in return for an honest review, as do any guest reviewers.