"A Candle Loses Nothing By Lighting Another Candle" - Father James Keller


Thursday, September 13, 2012

Promo Post for "Tarot Diaries: The Fool" by Elicia Seawell


What would you do if you could find out your purpose in life? Would you want to know or be completely left in the dark?

Katie Jenkins finds out her purpose, but not in a way most people do. After a night of shots of tequila and a bet from her best friend, she is coerced to seek a fortune teller for insight into her future. What she finds out changes her life forever.

Katie comes from a long line of Romanian Gypsies cursed with the ability to not only read Tarot cards, but they also have to deliver the bad news to whomever the cards reveal. She, along with her best friend Phoenix (Finny) Carrington, seeks out those who are doomed and try to change their lives before something awful happens to them.

Can Katie stop a mad man from the deaths that surround her, or will she fall victim to the very same mad man responsible for the death of so many?

About Elicia M. Seawell

Elicia M. Seawell started out as a freelance graphic artist and fell in love with writing when she began her work in the newspaper industry. After long sleepless nights, she found writing as a way to combat her insomnia however most of her characters were developed while standing in the frozen food section deciding on ice cream. She is the author of “Peach River Acres” and “The Tarot Diaries” series, both being released by Rebel Ink Press. She is also the author of the self-published YA novella, “Shadows: The Story of the Kayouta.” Elicia is currently studying Behavioral Analysis/Psychology and is married to Michael Seawell. She has three children: Brandon, Rachel and Greta. She was also born in Darlington, SC and currently resides in Darlington.  

Excerpt from Tarot Diaries: The Fool

It all started one night in a bar. Don't most stories start out that way?
Two guys walk into a bar... Okay, sorry.
It was a rainy, cold night, just like any in the city of Seattle. My best friend of twenty years, Phoenix Carrington (Finny for short) and I were downing a bottle of tequila celebrating our triumphant passing of the hardest class ever in the history of college, physics. 
I was maybe seven shots in when Finny says "Hey, we should get our fortunes read by the lady across the street." Normally this wouldn't have sounded like an excellent idea, but if tequila can make a girl's clothes fall off, it can make me do things I normally wouldn't do. I took another shot, slammed the glass down onto the table and gasped for clear air.
"Sure, why not," I slurred. Finny paid the tab, and we were on our way across the street.
"I feel so silly doing this," I said to Finny.
The "all seeing eye" sign shone bright red as it reflected off the wet streets of Seattle. As we got closer to the door, an eerie feeling came over me.
"Finny, I don't think I can do this," I said, almost begging him not to make me.
"Quit being such a baby. Just go in."
I sighed, took a deep breath and clicked the handle that led into the shop. The room was dark, almost mystifying in its own right, and the smell of incense filled my nostrils. I felt a little dizzy, but I think it was just the anxiety of knowing I could learn more than I wanted to about my life.
The "ring bell for service" sign was written on a small blue piece of paper I barely noticed. I clicked the little button, and a tall, dark woman came from behind the curtain. Her blue eyes didn't match the olive complexion that covered her and as a smile broadened across her face, I felt my heart rate go up.
"Ah, welcome to my shop," she said, almost hissing.
"Th-thanks," I finally coughed out.
"Are you here for a reading, darling?" she said, hissing again.
"Um, yeah, I think so." I looked to Finny in hopes he'd see what I saw, but he was all smiles. I think he was getting a kick out of watching me squirm.
"Fine then, come this way," she went back between the curtains, and we followed far behind her until we found ourselves behind the curtains as well. The room was small, covered in black paint with tons of little lights strung around. There were several tapestries with symbols and words hung from the ceiling. I felt awkward, like I was almost scared to be there.


Buy links:

Social Media Links:

No comments:

Post a Comment

In accordance with the new FTC Guidelines for blogging and endorsements, Kiki Howell of An Author's Musings, would like to advise that in addition to purchasing my own books to review, I also receive books, and/or promotional materials, free of charge in return for an honest review, as do any guest reviewers.